Stanley Black & Decker acquires Powers Fasteners
Combined company offers complete fastening solution
Global tools company Stanley Black & Decker has completed the acquisition of Powers Fasteners, a leading supplier of concrete and masonry anchors and forced entry fasteners, allowing the combined company to offer a complete range of fastening system.
Stanley Black & Decker, an $11bn corporation and home to iconic brands including Stanley, DEWALT, Black & Decker and Bostitch, has acquired the Powers Fasteners business, a leading provider of drilling and anchoring systems for concrete, masonry and steel as well as mechanical, adhesive, powder actuated, and gas fastening systems. The new business will leverage the Powers fastener and anchor ranges with the Bostitch fastening portfolio in commercial construction, providing a complete range of industry-leading products, including several new innovations already planned for 2013.
Colin Earl, Vice President of Hand Tools and Fastening of Stanley Black & Decker Europe, commented: “The Powers team has a proud heritage of growth, product innovation and commitment to excellence, having been accredited with more ETA approvals than any other in the last 4 years, and we are delighted to welcome them to Stanley Black & Decker.
“Utilising the existing Bostitch fastening portfolio, the combined business is uniquely placed to serve the demands of a wide spectrum of fastening end users and applications, not least mechanical nchors, adhesive anchoring and forced entry.”
A series of public events and trade days are already planned for early 2013, where users will be able to get their hands on the combined range and speak to expert staff who will be on hand to help.
Colin Earl concludes: “This is an exciting new period that marks the start of Stanley Black & Decker being able to offer a broader, more comprehensive and higher quality fastening range than ever before, and we look forward to announcing details of new products and innovations in 2013 and beyond.”
About Stanley Black & Decker
- Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 company, is a diversified global provider of hand tools, power tools and related accessories, mechanical access solutions and electronic security solutions, engineered fastening systems, and more.
- Learn more at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
- Stanley Bostitch is a leading manufacturer of pneumatic and cordless nailers & staplers, fasteners and compressors, office products and related market accessories.
- Powers Fasteners was founded in 1921 and was a privately held company, entirely owned by the Powers family, with office and facilities worldwide.
- Powers Fasteners engages in the manufacturing and marketing of drilling and anchoring systems for concrete, masonry, and steel, as well as mechanical, adhesive, powder actuated, and gas fastening systems.